Date:      Sun, 9 Apr 2006 19:37:01 +0200
From:      Max Laier <max@love2party.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        Florent Thoumie <flz@freebsd.org>, Ulrich Spoerlein <spoerlein@googlemail.com>
Subject:   Re: [panic] ipw and kismet

--nextPart5477382.LNtJToMZ6C

On Saturday 08 April 2006 13:49, Ulrich Spoerlein wrote:
> Max Laier wrote:
> > Could you try the attached patch, please?  This is something I did for
> > iwi and just moved the general idea over without testing or close
> > evaluation.  So be aware and let me know either way.  Thanks.
>
> Great, Thanks!
>
> I ran with this patch and loaded different fimwares, upped and downed
> the interface like mad and not a single panic!
>
> I only ran with INVARIANTS, I'm currently recompiling with
> INVARIANTS+WITNESS and will give it another try, but it seems to work
> just fine.
>
> Please commit this, and I hope if will make it into 6.1-RELEASE. Thanks
> again!

This is partly fixed in CURRENT already, but needs more work to be MFCed.  =
Is=20
there any chance that you can test CURRENT plus this patch as well?  I will=
=20
then commit and MFC, but doubt that it will make 6.1 - too late I'm afraid.

Note, you need the new fireware modules (net/ipw-firmware-kmod) in CURRENT.

=2D-=20