Date:      Mon, 13 Sep 2004 17:56:24 +0200
From:      Aleksander Rozman - Andy <andy@triera.net>
To:        Francois Tigeot <ftigeot@wolfpond.org>, soralx@cydem.org
Cc:        freebsd-small@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 586Core

At 13.9.2004, Francois Tigeot wrote:
>On Mon, Sep 13, 2004 at 01:20:35AM -0600, soralx@cydem.org wrote:
> >
> > I'm starting some small project, and I need to decide what hardware
> > will fit its needs. I'm looking for a small single-board computer that
> > should have minimum: 2 serial ports (RS232 & [RS232 | USB(preferable)]),
> > 8-bit databus, FLASH disk, RTC, 486 CPU performance, low power consumption;
> > should be able to run FreeBSD. PCB size does not matter much. One
> > of the applications I plan to run on it is 'gnokii'.
> >
> > I've found this: 'http://www.compulab.co.il/586core.htm', and I'd
> appreciate
> > to get some opinions on this product. Is anyone using it? How well does it
> > work with FreeBSD (or *BSD)? How well FBSD works with its USB controller
> > (ScanLogic SL811HST)?

Mhm. How about AXIS devices? www.axis.com, but I am afraid that they run
only linux. It would probably be problem to adapt it for FreeBSD (drivers
problems).

Andy

*  Aleksander Rozman - Andy  * Fandoms:  E2:EA, SAABer, Trekkie, Earthie *
*     andy@kksonline.com     * Sentinel, BH 90210, True's Trooper,       *
*    andy@atechnet.dhs.org   * Heller's Angel, Questie, Legacy, PO5,     *
* Maribor, Slovenia (Europe) * Profiler, Buffy (Slayerete), Pretender    *
*     PGP key available      *    http://www.atechnet.dhs.org/~andy/     *