Date:      Sat, 22 May 2010 18:56:09 -0700
From:      Nerius Landys <nlandys@gmail.com>
To:        Amitabh Kant <amitabhkant@gmail.com>
Cc:        "questions@freebsd.org" <questions@freebsd.org>, Fbsd1 <fbsd1@a1poweruser.com>
Subject:   Re: class.phpmailer.php Warning: date() [function.date]:

>> Running Apache-1.3.41_1 PHP5-5.2.12 I did not get this message, which I now
>> get running Apache/2.2.15 (FreeBSD) PHP/5.3.2
>> Is their way to stop this?
>>
>> Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's
>> timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or
>> the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those
>> methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled
>> the timezone identifier. We selected 'Asia/Manila' for 'PHT/8.0/no DST'
>> instead in /usr/local/website/mlsax/class.phpmailer.php on line 1406
>>

> Somewhere on top of your script, set the time zone:
>
> date_default_timezone_set('Asia/Manila');

In my opinion a better idea is to address this issue directly in your
php.ini file, which will very likely be /usr/local/etc/php.ini .  My
php.ini file has these lines:

; Module Settings ;

[Date]
; Defines the default timezone used by the date functions
; http://php.net/date.timezone
date.timezone = "America/Los_Angeles"