Date:      Fri, 7 Feb 1997 21:31:27 +0100 (MET)
From:      Mattias Pantzare <pantzer@ludd.luth.se>
To:        Dean Anderson <dean@oec.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FTP site

> Is it too much to ask to have a normal ftp site, with the source distributions
> organized by category, with the original source tar file and a patch file for BSD?

Normal?? It is a very normal file tree. (You ar refering to that, not the
site)

> I found the source files in distributions, but I'm not sure if they contain the BSD
> patches or not.  Not to mention the annoyance factor of having a single directory with
> 700 files.

What patches? There are no patches. But there are a CVS tree that you can
use to get updates. Take a look att www.freebsd.org, in the hanbook you
will find there.

Where did you find that single directory with 700 files? The source dirs
ar not built that way, and you can get parts of the source tree by just
adding .tar to the directory that you want to get.

> FTP sites have followed a general format for 20 years. Please don't try to "improve"
> things by breaking them.

What format? What FTP sites? I think that it is a very good file tree.