Date:      Sat, 07 Jun 2008 22:18:35 +0200 (CEST)
From:      sthaug@nethelp.no
To:        jrhett@netconsonance.com
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: challenge: end of life for 6.2 is premature with buggy 6.3

> I'd said nearly a dozen times that the issues I have aren't
> specifics.  I am questioning the overall policy for EoL here. Even if
> it was known to work properly on my hardware the overwhelming amount
> of bugs in 6.3 indicates an unstable release.

No. 6.3 is very stable for us, on multiple machines. So is 7.0. And I
have seen lots of other users basically saying the same thing.

*You* are the one claiming that "the overwhelming amount of bugs in 6.3
indicates an unstable release" - yet you are unwilling to test 6.3 and
you are also unwilling to show the PRs you claim exist. My sympathy for
such a view is limited.

Personally, I'm very happy with the work that the developers have put
in and are *continuing* to put in. However, I'm just a user, not a
developer. I have occasionally contributed bug fixes to FreeBSD, which
is *my* best waying of returning the favor of all of the persons who
have spent countless hours, often unpaid, to make FreeBSD a better
system. I hope they continue!