Date:      Mon, 02 Sep 1996 16:26:25 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        kimc@w8hd.org (Kim Culhan), current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Latest Current build failure

King:  "This week.  On Larry King live.  Jordan Hubbard.  On my show.
        And also.  The answer.  To the question.  Of why I talk in short
	sound-bites.  Like Howard Cosell.  That irritating git.  Who's now
	dead.  Unlike my show.  Which is Live!"

[fade to 2nd video feed and roll 15 solid minutes commercials, 12 from
the national feed and 3 more from the local affiliate which feature
``Ingnacio "Bud" Schwartz'' sitting astride a steer and trying to sell
used cars - he is unsuccessful on both counts]

King:  "And we're back!  Here with Jordan Hubbard. Of the FreeBSD Project.
        Mr. Hubbard, welcome to the show."

Hubbard: "Thank you Larry, and may I say that you look absolutely smashing
	in those suspenders.  You're no Lou Grant, but you're clearly
        capable of playing him on T.V."

King:	"Thank you.  You're very kind.  Moving on to our first question.
	What is your opinion of Cringeley's new Book, "How FreeBSD beat
	Microsoft."  Would you say it's accurate?"

Hubbard: "No, Larry, it's really not.  First off, Cringely refers to
	a period in 1996 when he claims that our sources were broken and
	that this galvanized us into some sort of action.  The event in
	question never actually took place, and it was really just
	one of our users with a broken source tree all along.

King:	"That's facinating.  I'm afraid we have to take a commercial
	break."

Commercial: "Hi, I'm Bud, and I'd like to sell you a car!  Aieeeeeeeee!!!"
	[pandemonium ensues as Ignacio Schwartz tumbles from his steer
	 and various people rush in from off-camera as it does his best
	 to trample him into jelly.  Several bystanders can be seen
	 cheering in the background]

King:	"..  and then Elvis says to me, "Larry, I have never seen someone
	eat as many donuts as that in one sitting.  I deeply respect
	you." And I said, "Elvis, I'm not worthy to... Oh, we're back!
	I'm Larry King, and I'm sitting here with Jordan Hubbard, who's
	refuting the facts stated in Cringeley's new book ``How FreeBSD
	beat Microsoft.''  You were just referring to Terry Lambert, also
	mentioned in the book, and how he got the title "the O.J.
	Simpson of Software."

Hubbard: "Ah, that's very interesting.  Yes, that came after a highly
	publicised case involving Terry and industrial espionage that ..."

King:	"Whoops!  I'm afraid that's all we have time for!  This has been
	Larry King.  Reporting live, from ..." *click*

						Jordan