Date:      Thu, 02 May 2019 20:17:16 +0200
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
To:        "N.J. Mann" <njm@njm.me.uk>
Cc:        Michelle Sullivan <michelle@sorbs.net>, freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ZFS...

Hi, Reference:

"N.J. Mann" wrote:
> Hi,

> >> Bottom lines on the power pole are normal 240/415 .. top lines are the 11KV distribution network.
> >
> > Oh and just so you know,  it’s sorta impossible to get 415 down a 240v connection
>
> No it is not.  As I said, if two phases come into contact you can have 415v between
> live and neutral.

With 3 phase:
- 415 between each of the 3 live phases
- 240 between neutral & the 3 live phases
(To visualise: draw a circle of radius 12 cm, mark off dots on circle at
 120 degrees. measure between dots: 20.75cm, Neutral is compass hole in paper )

PS UK/Britain was nominal 240V, but EU inc UK is now nominal 230V +10%/-6%
	https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mains_electricity#Standardisation

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, Consultant Systems Engineer, BSD Linux Unix, Munich Aachen Kent
 http://stolenvotes.uk  Brexit ref. stole votes from 700,000 Brits in EU.