Date:      Wed, 8 Apr 1998 19:50:04 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <ac199@hwcn.org>
To:        Greg Skafte <skafte@worldgate.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: why are we still using ?

[inappropriate X-post deleted]

On Wed, 8 Apr 1998, Greg Skafte wrote:

> Outta curiosity why are we still using the 1.8.6 version of ncurses
> when there is 4.2.x out and has been for a while .... its been
> a nagging thorn to most of us mutt fanatics ....

4.2.x hasn't been "officially" out for that long...

> yes I know I can compile my own copy but its a pain maintaining 2 versions
> of ncurses and I don't want to replace it out of simple fear of all the
> other things that might break ...

There is an ncurses port submission which I don't think has been
committed, yet.  I'm not sure that it's for the 4* version, but
perhaps the maintainer of mutt should make mutt depend on it.

Even with ncurses 4* in the system, we always strip a fair bit of
stuff out of it...

--
 tIM...HOEk
OPTIMIZATION: the process of using many one-letter variables names