Date:      Mon, 3 Jan 2005 19:56:53 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Ned Harrison <nedsmailbox2@cox.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xorg/dri-6.2_1,2 upgrade problems

--17pEHd4RhPHOinZp

On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 07:49:43PM +0000, Ned Harrison wrote:

> >CPUTYPE=3Dathlon-xp      =20
> >CFLAGS=3D  -O2 -pipe -fschedule-insns2 -fomit-frame-pointer
> >-funroll-loops         =20
> >COPTFLAGES=3D-O2 -pipe -funroll-loops -fschedule-insns2
>=20
> It turned out to be the kdemultimedia package.  It would not update nor c=
ould=20
> I build it from the ports.  I wiped it out with pkg_delete -f.  Can't pla=
y my=20
> tunes but I'm back on line!  :-)  =20

This is usually because of a conflict with some other
already-installed piece of software (perhaps even an earlier version
of kde or one of its support library).  The way to fix it is to:

* Carefully check /usr/ports/UPDATING and follow relevant advice

* Make sure all installed ports are up-to-date (portupgrade -a)

* Make sure that you don't have random stale files installed (see
pkg_which(1))

Kris

--17pEHd4RhPHOinZp

--17pEHd4RhPHOinZp--