Date:      Wed, 29 Jan 1997 23:59:08 -0500 (EST)
From:      stanb@netcom.com (Stan Brown)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.com (Free BSD Questions list)
Subject:   Please help with CDROM that doesn't work after upgrade to 2.2

	Please could someone give me some advice on troubleshooting my problem?

	Here is the problem, my ATAPI CDROM which worked fine under 2.1.5
	isn't found under 2.2 BETA.

	The facts.

	1. The CD is the slave on controller 1

	2. It worked fine under 2.1.5

	3. It is detected correctly by the 2.2 Boot (Install ?) floppy.

	4. I have tried lot's of things on my kernel config file in
	   an effort to make this work. BUT, I started out with the exact same
	   config file that was working under 2.1.5

	Could someone suggest how I could go about troubleshooting this? I have
	heard it is possible to boot the system in a verbose mode to see what
	is being probed, would this help? How do I do this?

	I really need some help here this has been dragging on for over a week
	now, and I am frustrated.

	Thanks in advance.

--
Stan Brown     stanb@netcom.com                                    404-996-6955