Date:      Sun, 25 Jun 1995 00:02:03 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Jeff Aitken <jaitken@cslab.cs.vt.edu>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Kernel configuration/compilation tool

: PS.  I seem to recall there being some chatter on -hackers about this a
: long time ago (several months at least, perhaps more like a year), and
: someone had a really good idea about it.  Unfortunately, I've not been
: able to locate the message I seem to remember, so if anyone can turn it
: up, please forward it to me.  Thanks.

There was, a long long time ago, a SunOS kernel config tool written in
OI that I was wanting to use for FreeBSD.  However, that idea died a
long time ago with my hopes of getting OI released on FreeBSD.  Also,
the tool need a lot of work because it made tons of assumptions about
the config file, where directories were, etc that were not quite right
for FreeBSD and porting it would have taken a lot of effort.

I believe that I mentioned this a long time ago on -hackers, by my
memory isn't what it used to be...

Warner