Date:      Sun, 24 Oct 1999 22:49:57 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
To:        Roger Savard <Roger.Savard@henoc.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Gide port and locale

On Sun, 24 Oct 1999, Roger Savard wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just upgraded Gide development environment and now I have
> this problem now.
>
> It can not start, I tried different setenv LOCALE but nothing goes.
> You have any ideas.
>
> Many thanks, the conference was GREAT.

Looks very much like the error I got, which I cleared by installing the
most up to date version of lang/guile.

> JSBach % gide
>
> Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library
> /dev/dsp: Device not configured
> ERROR: Stack overflow
> JSBach % gide --disable-sound
>
> Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library
> ERROR: Stack overflow
> JSBach % uname -a
> FreeBSD JSBach.henoc.com 4.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 4.0-CURRENT #0: Sun Oct 24
> 11:22:54 EDT 1999
> root@JSBach.henoc.com:/usr/src-current/sys/compile/HENOC  i386

Chuck Robey                | Interests include C programming, Electronics,
213 Lakeside Dr. Apt. T-1  | communications, and signal processing.
Greenbelt, MD 20770        | I run picnic.mat.net: FreeBSD-current(i386) and
(301) 220-2114             |       jaunt.mat.net : FreeBSD-current(Alpha)