Date:      Tue, 27 May 2008 17:12:14 +0400
From:      Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru>
To:        Derek Graham <derek.graham@att.net>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Linux Compatibility version of libXau

Hello Derek,

please, don't top post (fixed) and keep CC: to a maillist (you may get
a better chances for help).

On Mon, 26 May 2008 21:30:38 -0500 Derek Graham wrote:
> On Monday 26 May 2008 02:35:52 am Boris Samorodov wrote:
> > On Sun, 25 May 2008 15:44:25 -0500 Derek Graham wrote:

> > > I am trying to get the linux version of Planeshift to work but I need to
> > > find a linux version of libXau, cant find it in ports tho :( anyone got a
> > > solution to getting Planeshift to work?
> >
> > Imho libXau was introduced at Fedora Core 5. We have a default FC4
> > base linux port. So I'm afraid you have little chances with defaults.
> >
> > However sometime ago (something like a month) I've posted experimental
> > patches (please, check archives of emulation@ ML) to use Fedora 8
> > ports. The needed library is included.
> >
> > Please be aware that you should have (at least) a recent 7-STABLE
> > to use those patches.
> >
> > Sorry for a short message but I don't have much spare time for now.
> >
> Hey Boris,
> I got ya msg, I installed linux_base-f8 and tried patching
> bsd.linux.mk-autoplist.diff
> I am trying to run two programs

> Exception in thread "main"
> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /home/Graham/Desktop/jUploadr-1.1.2-linuxGTK-i386/lib/libswt-pi-gtk-3232.so: /usr/local/lib/compat/libc.so.6:

Hm, I'm not an exert at java but there is something strange here.
A linux library (libswt-pi-gtk-3232.so) should not find a FreeBSD one
(/usr/local/lib/compat/libc.so.6). Do you have some non-default
environment? Ex., a non-empty LD_LIBRARY_PATH?

> version GLIBC_2.1.3 required
> by /home/Graham/Desktop/jUploadr-1.1.2-linuxGTK-i386/lib/libswt-pi-gtk-3
> 232.so not defined

> I compared /usr/local/lib/compat/ to /compat/linux/lib/ they do not match

Sure, one contains FreeBSD native compat (i.e. old) libaries while the
other has Linux libraries.

> also 2nd program gives me this:
> Graham@Mulder[/home/Graham/PlaneShift]$./psclient
> ./psclient.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libXau.so.6: cannot open
> Graham@Mulder[/home/Graham/PlaneShift]$
Linux binary (not libraries!) file should be branded. Please, check
it:
% brandelf psclient

Please, see brandelf(1) for more details.

WBR
--
Boris Samorodov (bsam)
FreeBSD committer, http://www.FreeBSD.org The Power To Serve