Date:      Sun, 18 Mar 2001 17:50:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      Palle Girgensohn <girgen@partitur.se>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/24291: New port: ant build tool for Java

The following reply was made to PR ports/24291; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Palle Girgensohn <girgen@partitur.se>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org, ernst@jollem.com,
	Sean Blakey <sean@beastie.bellevue.virtualtek.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 02:39:24 +0100

 Well, I hope someone commits *something* ant-like soon... :/

 Although depending on linux-jdk1.3 may not be comme-il-faut.
 Maybe we should let the user choose, or find the latest java
 installed and depend on it, if it exists, and if none exists
 depend on native non-beta jkd1.1 (I know I'm booring, but hey,
 there should a "stable" base version, and people can chose to
 install beta or non_native stuff if they like). Besides,
 linux-jdk1.3 requires a very resent FreeBSD system to work,
 which is not fair for such a basic thing as ant.

 Also, now ant is 1.3... still nothing committed... It's been
 six months since Leo Kim submitted the first port for ant
 (ports/21435), and still nothing... it is hilarious... :(

 /Palle