Date:      Tue, 5 Dec 2000 18:51:03 -0500 (EST)
From:      ph00dr0 wi11s0n <ph00dy@covesoft.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   smp kernel, scsi cdroms, pentium pros and a bottle of excedrine...

TWIMC,
   I am installing fbsd4.11 on a machine that has dual pentium pro 200s
and a scsi cdrom (well and a scsi harddrive too). The cd works fine on all
the other machines I have installed it on, but for some reason on this
machine the cdrom initializes and then right after you press return to
boot the kernel it fails to load the kernel and puts you into the kernel
command line interface. The error looks identical to when there isn't a
kernel present. I have installed fbsd on a dual processor machine before
and it loaded normally and then I recompiled for dual support afterwards.
So I dunno what to do. . . . I need this to work and im out of ideas..

thanks
phoodrow wilson.