Date:      Tue, 23 Oct 2001 20:43:29 +0100
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
Cc:        David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: It's baaack... -- ("make: don't know how to make copies. Stop")

> David Wolfskill wrote:
> > Found this in my typescript after a "make installworld" on today's
>
> There was a commit about a problem with a missing NOOBJ..
> May I suggest either:
> - rm -rf /usr/obj/*
> - cd src/share; cd `make -V .OBJDIR`; rm -rf *  (check that its not your
> srcdir first :-).

Actually, it is possible for there to be no copies: target in
src/share/examples/<something>. The copies: (actually copies::)
target is built up in a .for loop that may be empty.

The fix is a dummy copies:: target.

o       Mark Murray
\_      FreeBSD Services Limited
O.\_    Warning: this .sig is umop ap!sdn