Date:      Fri, 23 Nov 2012 16:53:49 +0000
From:      Matthew Seaman <matthew@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pkgng usage

On 23/11/2012 16:31, Fbsd8 wrote:
> Installed pkgng as port. Converted my old pkg database to new format.
>
> Ran pkg delete for virtualbox package using it's full name from pkg
> info. That worked fine.
>
> But it left behind all it's dependences. Command pkg autoremove says
> there is noting to do.
>
> How do I find and remove orphaned packages?

You can use pkg_cutleaves with pkgng in this sort of situation.  The
autoremove flags don't get set by pkg2ng unfortunately, as it can't tell
what you installed explicitly by name and what was pulled in as a
dependency.

As you keep using pkgng, the autoremove flags will get set to more sane
values and that feature will become more useful.

	Cheers,

	Matthew