Date:      Tue, 9 Jan 2001 17:17:18 -0500 (EST)
From:      Alwyn Goodloe <agoodloe@gradient.cis.upenn.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Networking Question.

 Hey guys and gals,

 I have a little private network (you know 192....) which runs great. Its
a rally small testbed with several machines strung together, two routers
(need this due to the nature of our tests) and a server and several clients.
Since they are all hooked together by direct connections  I don't even
run routed. The question is the following: I want to add in a ethernet
card that connects a router to the regular network. What I don't want is
for any other machines to mistake me for the system router. Is the fact that
I'm not running a routing protocol sufficient.

 BTW I just upgraded to 4.1 and had hoped to see XFree86 support for
the Intel 82810E graphics chip. Anyone know if I just missed something or if
FreeBSD is ever going to get drivers for this (hate to say it but Linux
has supported it for a while and I hate hearing the comments  from my
officemates :-) ). I know that this is really a XFree86 issue but I thougt
I would ask while I was typing.

Alwyn Goodloe

agoodloe@gradient.cis.upenn.edu