Date:      Sat, 6 Jan 1996 03:08:13 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        Charoenchai Kiranantawat <ckt@buarchive.bu.ac.th>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IRCD again please!

On Sat, 6 Jan 1996, Charoenchai Kiranantawat wrote:
> I use C/N defaults value from example.conf,does it work?

There is a slight flaw in your perception of how an IRC network operates.

What IRC network is allowing your server to join?  EF?  Undernet?
(Probably not Dalnet...)

You have to contact the network administrators of whatever IRC network
you want to be a part of and as them to add C/N lines for your server.

Its doubtfull that EFnet will allow eithe of us to join, as we don't
have that many IRC users.

If you want to put up a private IRC network you can do that.
Read the doc and see how to configure your server.

| Matthew N. Dodd   | winter@jurai.net    | http://www.jurai.net/~winter    |
| Technical Manager | mdodd@intersurf.net | http://www.intersurf.net        |
| InterSurf Online  | "Welcome to the net Sir, would you like a handbasket?"|