Date:      Sun, 7 Sep 1997 13:37:16 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Brian N. Handy" <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Tape question

>> [Terry and Joerg beat their chests in anger]

Maybe more information would be useful here, I'm not sure.  I'll detail a
bit better the situation as I know it:

 1.  The tapes were written on a Sun box.  (FWIW, they're Solar
     Magnetogram data from the Mees Solar Observatory in Hawaii.  I don't
     mean to sound proprietary, I'm assuredly not.)  I can't say as to
     whether it's SunOS or Solaris, though I could find out Monday.
     The tapes are old and already written with partial block writes.

 2.  The tapes were read on my FreeBSD box, using an old Exabyte drive
     on my NCR controller.

I'm not near the machine right now or I'd play with this stuff a bit.  BUT
the guy who needs the data is near there, I'll have him fiddle with this
next week.

Brian