Date:      Sat, 14 Jun 1997 10:58:27 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Gerard Giamberdine <gerard@blackhole.dimensional.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Can't find kernel after partition changes

Hello....

When I  installed freebsd I created a 70M dos partition from which to
install. I've just tried to change it over to freebsd, hoping that I
could mount it as /usr2 or something (is it possible to 'tack' it on to my
existing /usr?). I used sysinstall/configure to delete the dos partition,
create a freebsd partition, and label it (the dos/now freebsd partition
is wd0s1 and the old freebsd is wd0s2). Now at the boot prompt it says
it can't find the kernel. I can access all the original freebsd file
systems using the fixit disk so I know I didn't wipe them out. Does anyone
know what I need to do to get the booter to see the kernel (reconfigure
/dev, rebuild kernel, ...?).

Thanks for your help,
Gerard Giamberdine.