Date:      Wed, 18 Aug 1999 15:36:28 -0400
From:      Laurence Berland <stuyman@confusion.net>
To:        "Frederick J Polsky v1.0" <fred@saturn.math.uaa.alaska.edu>
Cc:        Mark Ovens <mark@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>, Darren WIebe <dkwiebe@hagenhomes.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Good c newbie documentation

I've got an old edition of both K&R and Practical C that id be willing
to give up if you'd cover the cost of shipping. (When I'm out of school
and not living on barebones money I'll start paying to ship this sort of
thing myself, but those books would cost me lunch for a day or two :)
Just let me know if you're interested.

"Frederick J Polsky v1.0" wrote:

> While K&R is the canonical C reference for newbies something along the
> lines of _Practical C Programming_ from O'Reilly is probably more apropos.
> Would still recommend K&R as a reference though.
>
> --
> Frederick J. Polsky v1.0                <fred@saturn.math.uaa.alaska.edu>
> Chair, UAA ACM Student Chapter
>
> On Wed, 18 Aug 1999, Mark Ovens wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Aug 17, 1999 at 03:41:28PM -0600, Darren WIebe wrote:
> > > Hello:
> > >
> > > I would like to learn to use the c and c++ programming languages.  I
> > > have looked around on the net but have not been able to find much.  I
> > > would appreciate it if you would give me any recommendations that you
> > > have for good books and other info for newbies to c.
> > >

> > The C programming Language by Kernighan & Ritchie (the people who
> > wrote C).  ISBN 0-13-110362-8, Prentice-Hall

Laurence Berland, Stuyvesant HS Debate
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Windows 98: n.
        useless extension to a minor patch release for
        32-bit extensions and a graphical shell for a
        16-bit patch to an 8-bit operating system
        originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor,
        written by a 2-bit company that can't stand for
        1 bit of competition.
http://stuy.debate.net
icq #7434346                    aol imer E1101
The above email Copyright (C) 1999 Laurence Berland
All rights reserved