Date:      Fri, 17 Dec 1999 22:27:00 +0100 (CET)
From:      Fritz Tobias Weihmann <tobias-public@gmx.de>
To:        Leif Neland <leif@neland.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: logging incoming calls

On 15-Dec-1999 Leif Neland wrote:
> Also, is there something which could do voice-response, and the talking could
> be interrupted by the caller pressing the touchtone keys?

Currenty no. My solution was to set up a different ISDN number for
checking the messages (Deutsche Telekom hands out up to 10 numbers
for free) and the following script for it:

isdntelctl -c
dd if=$LIBDIR/beep.al of=$DEVICE bs=2k
dd if=$DEVICE of=/tmp/eingabe.al count=20 bs=2k
dd if=$LIBDIR/beep.al of=$DEVICE bs=2k
let ERG=`dtmfdecode </tmp/eingabe.al`

So you've one number for everyone to leave messages and one for checking
your answering machine. After the first beep you have about 5 seconds to
dial your code. After the second beep, the DTMF codes are checked and if
the password is right, the messages are played.

You might also do this with one telephone number. The length of the re-
cording can be adjusted by setting the "count=" argument. Its the
number of 512 byte blocks to record.

Greetings,
 Tobias