Date:      Mon, 28 Feb 2005 09:23:38 -0500
From:      "Kevin A. Pieckiel" <pieckiel+freebsd-questions@sdf.lonestar.org>
To:        Wouter van Rooij <aentgood@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: how long does it takes you to do a make buildworld

On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 08:05:17PM +0000, Wouter van Rooij wrote:
> I'm very curious about how long it took you guys to do a make buildworld.
> So I thought let's start a topic about it.;-)

Between 22 to 26 hours.  Pentium classic, 166MHz, 32 MB RAM.

When I bumped up the RAM to 48, it cut that down to under a day because
it didn't have to swap all the time.  I think it was somehwere between
8 and 16 hours then.

Oh, on my good system, it takes about 15 mins.
Dual P4 3.2 GHz with HT enabled (four virtual procs)
1 GB RAM

And I haven't done a recent buildworld on my dual proc Alpha in a while.