Date:      Mon, 17 Aug 2015 14:11:54 -0700
From:      Chris Stankevitz <chrisstankevitz@gmail.com>
To:        Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local@be-well.ilk.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Disable periodic security check for vulnerable packages

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 2:04 PM, Lowell Gilbert
<freebsd-questions-local@be-well.ilk.org> wrote:
> Chris Stankevitz <chrisstankevitz@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> How do I disable periodic security check for vulnerable packages?
>> Couldn't find out by reading 'man periodic', 'man periodic.conf', 'man
>> pkg', or google.
>
> On 10.2, "man periodic.conf" has several variables,
> "daily_status_security_*" which offer you several
> options for this.

Hi Lowell,

I'm disappointed to hear that I must be so blind that I don't see it,
but I'm happy to hear that it is clearly listed in your "man
periodic.conf"!  Would you mind copying/pasting the relevant variable
to disable the daily check for vulnerable packages?  I have put 15
minutes into finding this so please don't think I'm a lazy slob...
blind/stupid maybe but not lazy.

Thank you,

Chris