Date:      Mon, 9 Jun 1997 23:06:09 +0000 ()
From:      Miguel Angel Sagreras <msagre@cactus.fi.uba.ar>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org, emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   IBCS2 emulation bug installing ORACLE

Installing Oracle from CD-ROM, with ORACLE 7.3.2.1 Installer, I got a bus
error caused by a 16 bits versus 32 bits alignament problem in ftime xenix
system call

The original code is in ibcs2_xenix.c in function xenix_ftime line 132
	return copyout((caddr_t)&itb, (caddr_t)SCARG(uap, tp),
		       sizeof(struct timeb));

The modify code is
	return copyout((caddr_t)&itb, (caddr_t)SCARG(uap, tp),
		       sizeof(struct timeb)-2);

I know this is not the best way to correct the code but it works.
I think that there are more bugs like this.
Now I working with another bug with the ibcs2_getgroups, with ORACLE Installer
too.

Regards

    Miguel Angel