Date:      Sun, 28 Nov 1999 18:35:33 -0800
From:      manning@uclink4.berkeley.edu
To:        alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   boot install disk on multia

I've had a couple problems with this install. First off, the SRM console
in general... my lowly monitor only goes up to 1024x768. I know SRM is
in 1280x1024 on the multia by default. I searched around and found a
site with jumper settings for changing the resolution. Unfortunatally,
while the resolution DOES change, it never seems to become anything my
monitor can handle. i tried setting it to 640x480, and it's still weird.

   This is all just a side note, because I CAN set up a serial console,
i just don't have the serial cable yet.
   In any case, the main problem, is that booting the floppy (and yes,
i've written the image, and rewritten that, and it doesn't change at
all), it all seems to go fine for a while, and then just stops. ANY
ideas? As I said, I DID try redownloading the .flp's a few billion
times, tried a whole bunch of different disks, and it does the same
thing.