Date:      Fri, 14 Nov 1997 01:18:21 -0500 (EST)
From:      spork <spork@super-g.com>
To:        Charles Henrich <henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu>
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Pentium lockup fix in FreeBSD

And on a practical note, let's remember that those of us who run a
public-access machine generally have spare parts around.  Why not make
your next spare processor a K6?  For me, $140 is worth about two trips in
to work to hit "reset".  This is the "workaround" that we used on our
shell machine, and we were able to implement it right after the first user
that tried it "because I didn't think it would work".

Charles

Charles Sprickman
spork@super-g.com
----
                           "I'm not a prophet or a stone-age man
                           Just a mortal with potential of a superman
                           I'm living on"      -DB