Date:      Thu, 17 Apr 1997 22:32:41 -0400 (EDT)
From:      jack <jack@diamond.xtalwind.net>
To:        Gary Chrysler <tcg@cguy.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: -ERR Unknown command: "auth".

On Thu, 17 Apr 1997, Gary Chrysler wrote:

> Hi all, I was wondering if someone knew how I could stop
> this:
> 	-ERR Unknown command: "auth".
>
> from flooding my logs.. :(
>
> I've searched the archives and came up with the reasons why!
> But not how to stop it from flooding my logs.

Get your users to stop using M$ mail clients. :)  They seem to be the ones
who dump that into our logs.

I use fetchmail to move mail to home from my workstation.  NEVER seen that
in those logs.
Jack O'Neill                    Finger jacko@diamond.xtalwind.net or
jack@xtalwind.net               http://www.xtalwind.net/~jacko/pubpgp.html
#include <std_disclaimers.h>    for my PGP key.
 PGP Key fingerprint = F6 C4 E6 D4 2F 15 A7 67   FD 09 E9 3C 5F CC EB CD