Date:      Wed, 22 Oct 2008 12:08:53 -0500
From:      "Andrew Gould" <andrewlylegould@gmail.com>
To:        dmw@coder.cl
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, Marco <ilikefbsd@web.de>
Subject:   Re: calendar software wanted

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 8:51 AM, Daniel Molina Wegener <dmw@coder.cl> wrote=
:

> Marco escribi=F3:
>
>> hello list,
>>
>> anybody has experience with calendar software which runs on freebsd. i
>> maybe would integrate it also in thunderbird/mutt,but thats not
>> necessary, or use a stand alone software.
>> minimum requirements to the software would be making entries, getting
>> alarms for appointments.
>>

>  Try kontact (the kdepim port). Have fun xD
>

>> thank you for responses,
>>  marco
>>

> Regards,

Before I moved from my PalmPilot III (still works) to an iPhone (not 3G), I
used JPilot for my PIM and Sylpheed-Claws (the name has changed?) for
email.  This was a good setup because there was a plugin that allowed
Sylpheed-Claws to  access the JPilot addressbook.

I currently use webcalendar (with apache, php, postgresql) for my calendar.
This is overkill for an individual; but has many advantages for family
scheduling:  I can add an item to my wife's calendar with an email
reminder.  Since my wife has a blackberry email address, the message will
get pushed to her phone.  When testing this feature, I would suggest
starting with something like a dinner invitation rather than a grocery list=
.
   ;-)

Have fun,

Andrew