Date:      Mon, 15 Jan 1996 13:29:58 -0800 (PST)
From:      -Vince- <vince@apollo.COSC.GOV>
To:        Robert Sanders <rsanders@mindspring.com>
Cc:        "Garrett A. Wollman" <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: finger problem going from 2.1R to -current

On Mon, 15 Jan 1996, Robert Sanders wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Jan 1996 16:09:53 -0500, "Garrett A. Wollman" <wollman@lcs.mit.edu> said:
>
> >> Maybe this can be committed to the tree...
>
> > No.  (There is another, completely different, kernel fix.)
>
> Yeah, the T/TCP changes just recently got put into the tree.  I guess
> the importance of T/TCP for this is that it can save, what, one round
> trip per finger connection?  What confuses me is that, though I
> haven't read rfc1644 or the kernel source, I thought that T/TCP would
> properly cope with hosts that didn't want to cooperate.
>
> Otherwise, it seems that the default settings for both rfc* sysctl
> options should be off.  TCP extensions just seem to cause trouble for
> the Average Joe.

	Yep, atleast on Xyglogics Annex Terminal servers it does...

Cheers,
-Vince- vince@COSC.GOV - GUS Mailing Lists Admin - http://www.COSC.GOV/~vince
UC Berkeley AstroPhysics - Electrical Engineering (Honorary B.S.)
Chabot Observatory & Science Center - Board of Advisors
Running FreeBSD - Real UN*X for Free!
Linda Wong/Vivian Chow/Hacken Lee/Danny Chan/Priscilla Chan Fan Club
Mailing Lists Admin