Date:      Sun, 22 Nov 1998 03:11:26 -0800
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@NUXI.com>
To:        Robert Withrow <witr@rwwa.com>, Robert Withrow <bwithrow@baynetworks.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AMD/NFS problems with 3.0

> All of my *AMD* problems were cured by upgrading to the latest
> version:  am-utils-6.0b2s3.

Sounds really good to me.  I may wait a little bit to see if the Columbia
people move that version out of the `snapshots' directory.

I would be very interested to hear if others find that am-utils-6.0b2s3
at ftp://shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu//pub/am-utils/ does better for them
than am-utils-6.0b1.

> I'd like to suggest that 2.2.8 and 3.next upgrade to, at least, the 6.0
> beta stream instead of the alpha code that is in there now.

Amd will not be updated in 2.2.8 as it is too big a change for the 2.2.x
branch at this point.  3.0 went to the beta code Nov 14th.  But I did
forget to change the version number that is printed out until just
recently.

--
-- David    (obrien@NUXI.ucdavis.edu  -or-  obrien@FreeBSD.org)