Date:      Sat, 29 Jun 1996 01:22:16 +0100
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Bora Akyol <akyol@wireless.stanford.edu>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG, davidg@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DE Driver on 2.2 SNAP (Hello , Anybody there!!)

Bora Akyol wrote in message ID
<Pine.GSO.3.94.960628155050.22460A-100000@wireless.Stanford.EDU>:
> What kind of information do you need?

I believe I said in my first reply to you to include information
relating to the PCI probe phase of the kernel boot sequence. It MAY
hold information relating to why the card isn't detected. Is your PCI
bus detected, for instance?

> I never SAID that it does not work, I said that it does not get recognized
> at boot time.

If it doesn't get recognised, it can't work :-)

> Can I compile a 2.2 kernel on a 2.1 machine and if so where is the source
> file and how can I retrieve it.

That won't help. You'll end up with the same problem. The mouse driver
is different between the two versions, as is the de0 driver... You'll
have to either back-port the bus-mouse driver from -current to -stable
or back out the de0 upgrade in -current.

Gary