Date:      Sun, 16 Mar 1997 10:18:54 +0100 (MET)
From:      Wolfgang Helbig <helbig@MX.BA-Stuttgart.De>
To:        bsampley@best.com (Burton Sampley)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: can only mount wd0s1a (fwd)

> Here's some more info regarding this problem:
>
> On bootup (I get the same results w/ kernel.GENERIC):

> pas0: <Pro AudioSpectrum 16 D rev 127>
> joy0 at 0x201 on isa
> joy0: joystick
> swapon: /dev/wd0s1b: No such file or directory
> Automatic reboot in progress...
> /dev/rwd0a: clean, 9590 free (198 frags 1174 blocks, 0.5% fragmantation)
> /dev/wd2se: No such file or directory
> Can't stat /dev/wd2s1e

Your /etc/fstab says to mount /backup on /dev/wd2s1e, but you did not create
                                                 ^^
this file with /dev/MAKEDEV wd2, I think. Instead you have /dev/wd2e (without
the slice number s1).

So you either change the entries in /etc/fstab from /dev/wd2s1e to
/dev/wd2e or cd to /dev and enter sh /dev/MAKEDEV wd2 and sh /dev/MAKEDEV wd0.

The slice number defaults to the first BSD-Slice of the disk, so changing
/etc/fstab entries should work on your system.

Good luck
Wolfgang