Date:      Thu, 24 Apr 1997 19:27:40 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jim Bryant <jbryant@argus>
To:        terry@lambert.org (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Maintainer of ft/lft

In reply:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Just a quick one.
> >
> > Who is the current maintainer(s) of the ft driver and/or the lft
> > program??
>
> Anyone silly enough to both buy that type of hardware and then ask
> that type of question...
>
> The code is not being actively maintained because no one with the
> ability owns the hardware and cares to do it.  This was recently
> discussed.

terry, i'm really sorry, but i have got to really say this...

HOW CAN YOU BE SO F***ING IGNORANT???

As one in QIC observer status [check the QIC mailing list], I can
assure you that by sheer numbers alone, the vast majority of tape
drives in existance are QIC-117 compatable...

need i say anything else???

jim
--
All opinions expressed are mine, if you   | "I will not be pushed, stamped,
think otherwise, then go jump into turbid | briefed, debriefed, indexed, or