Date:      Tue, 18 Apr 1995 14:56:16 -0400
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@halloran-eldar.lcs.mit.edu>
To:        Stephen Hocking <sysseh@devetir.qld.gov.au>
Cc:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@estienne.CS.Berkeley.EDU>, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Fixed seagate.c (incl. recent devconf changes)

<<On Mon, 17 Apr 1995 15:15:54 +1000, Stephen Hocking
<sysseh@devetir.qld.gov.au> quoted Justin Gibbs as saying:

>> Your changes are based on a very old version of the driver.  This makes
>> it difficult for us to see what you changed and what was changed in other
>> revisions of the driver.  Can you make your changes relative to version 1.7
>> (today's current) and resubmit them as context diffs (diff -c)?

Actually, this is fairly trivial to handle:

cvs co modulename
cd path/to/source
cvs update -rBASE-REVISION-OF-NEW-FILE file.names
# now splat new file
cvs update -A file.names
# now deal with the conflicts, if any

-GAWollman

--
Garrett A. Wollman   | Shashish is simple, it's discreet, it's brief. ...
wollman@lcs.mit.edu  | Shashish is the bonding of hearts in spite of distance.