Date:      Sun, 3 Dec 2000 19:59:18 +0100 (CET)
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@ipamzlx.physik.uni-mainz.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-firewall@freebsd.org
Subject:   IPFIREWALL or IPFILTER?

Dear Sirs.

I asked this question prior and it's coming up again. FreeBSD comes with
two firewall systems/ IP filtering kernel facilities. At this moment we
use IPFW to filter but I saw many updates for IPF in the last period.

Can anyone tell me the benefits of both systems? What is the real FreeBSD
native filtering code and which one is the fastest one? Maybe ist is
a foolish question, but behind this there is a lot of manitanance
stuff ...

Thanks in advance,

Oliver

-