Date:      Fri, 28 Feb 2003 23:11:11 -0600
From:      "Scot Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
To:        "Stephen Cravey" <clists@www.gotbrains.org>, <ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <dirk@FreeBSD.ORG>, <roam@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: mod_php4.3.1 + CURL cores with apache13-modssl

From: "Stephen Cravey" <clists@www.gotbrains.org>
> I seem to have discovered a problem with the mod_php4 4.3.1 port when it
> interacts with CURL and apache13-modssl port. When CURL support is
> compiled into php4 and the libssl/mod_ssl modules are loaded/added apache
> cores on startup. so basically, an 'apachectl startssl' result in :
>

> I believe that this may have something to do with a conflict between the
> openssl 'port' libraries apache-modssl uses and the freebsd 'contrib'
> openssl libraries that curl is using. I do not get an error when compiling
> curl, only mod_php4. I do not understand the linker well enough to fully
> understand where precicely the problem might lie.

The apache-modssl port includes a file from the security/openssl port, thats
used to select either the base OpenSSL or the Port OpenSSL.  This is what is
causing the apache-modssl to use the OpenSSL port when it is installed.

> php4 'make' with curl support during the curl support (not curl
> port) build section shows:
>
> /usr/libexec/elf/ld: warning: libssl.so.2, needed by
> /usr/local/lib/libcurl.so, may conflict with libssl.so.3
>
> /usr/libexec/elf/ld: warning: libcrypto.so.2, needed by
> /usr/local/lib/libcurl.so, may conflict with libcrypto.so.3
>

> curl-7.10.3_1
You need to modify the ftp/curl/Makefile and add the following under the
!defined(WITHOUT_SSL).

    .include "${PORTSDIR}/security/openssl/Makefile.ssl"

Give this a try, and let roam@FreeBSD.org know if this fixes your problem.

Scot