Date:      Wed, 10 Nov 2010 13:24:53 +0100
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD-similar build-from-source Linux?

Hello out there,

well, my question may sound heretic, but since we use mostly Linux based
systems in our scientific environment and FreeBSD seems to lack in
severe support in GPGPU/CUDA capable graphics boards I need to setup a
kind of Linux facility to ensure having the software and tools I need
for my work. I'm looking for a Linux distribution that is similar
handled like FreeBSD, where I'm able to rebuild the whole system from
sources, not even the the Linux kernel, also the GNU tools and the
packages. Maybe there are some people out here having already taken this
step.
Any suggestion is appreciated,

thanks in advance,

Oliver