Date:      Fri, 20 Jul 2001 11:13:28 -0400
From:      "Steve Bernard" <sbernard@gmu.edu>
To:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Has anybody been having problem with latest Snapshot for 4.3?  (Release 4.3-20010718-STABLE)

Thank God it isn't just me!!! I've been racking my brain over the same
problems for the past couple of days. I installed 4.3-STABLE a couple of
weeks ago, late June, without a problem. This week I decided to rebuild the
system and have been experiencing the exact problems that you describe.
Finally, I used my 4.3-RELEASE CD and everything installed flawlessly. To
test things out I successfully installed OpenBSD 2.9, RedHat Linux 7.1,
_and_ Windows 2000 Server, individually, using the same box and never had a
problem. On a similar note, a couple of weeks ago the INDEX file was missing
for the most recent STABLE releases on releng4.freebsd.org and that caused
several aborted package installs for me.

Regards,

Steve Bernard

Systems Engineer
George Mason University