Date:      Thu, 16 Mar 2006 15:12:40 +0900
From:      Daichi GOTO <daichi@freebsd.org>
To:        Jan Mikkelsen <janm@transactionware.com>
Cc:        ozawa@ongs.co.jp, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, 'Daichi GOTO' <daichi@freebsd.org>, freebsd-fs@freebsd.org, freebsd-current@freebsd.org, "'Mars G. Miro'" <marsgmiro@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: patchset-9 release (Re: [unionfs][patch] improvements of the unionfs - Problem Report, kern/91010)

Jan Mikkelsen wrote:
> Daichi GOTO wrote:
>> All folks have interests in improved unionfs should keep attentions
>> and ask "how about merge?" at every turn :)
>
> OK.  How about a merge?
>
> I'd really like to see this in 6-STABLE.

Me too, but unfortunately it is difficult with some reasons
(detail information http://people.freebsd.org/~daichi/unionfs/).
Of course, our patch gives the conditions for integration of
-current OK. For -stable is BAD.

We must keep the API compatibility of command/library
for integration of -stable. With some technical/specifical
reasons, our improved unionfs has a little uncompatibility.

For the last time, integration of -stable will be left
to the judgment of src committers and others.

--
   Daichi GOTO, http://people.freebsd.org/~daichi