Date:      Sun, 8 Jan 2006 18:37:21 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Dr. Jennifer Nussbaum" <bg271828@yahoo.com>
To:        Patrick Ziegler <ziggo@unixag.net>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Urgent: Can't type in gdm after system upgrade

Sorry for the slow answer but i was away and had to bring a Windoze machine
because i coudnt get my FreeBSD working before i left...

This still didnt work. i already had VTAllocation=false with the FirstVT line
commented outin my gdm.conf but no
combination of playing with these values or commenting them out worked.

What else can i try?

(someone else said this didnt work in amd64--i did want to say that im
running on Intel.)

Jen

Patrick Ziegler <ziggo@unixag.net> wrote: Hi,

i had the same problem and could fix it by comment the following two
lines out in gdm.conf:

FirstVT=9
VTAllocation=true

Bye,