Date:      Sat, 27 Apr 2002 18:29:13 +0100
From:      Josef Karthauser <joe@tao.org.uk>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
Cc:        Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>, current@FreeBSD.ORG, joe@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: panic at shutdown, ums related?

--6c2NcOVqGQ03X4Wi

On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 04:53:32PM -0700, Peter Wemm wrote:
>=20
> USB is pretty hosed. :-(
>=20
> For a while, removing the mouse didn't get detected and you had to kill m=
oused
> manually.  Then the removal event happened.  A new moused would start but=
 it
> was impossible to kill -9 the old moused.  If you remove the mouse again,=
 it
> instantly panics the box.  I've not seen what is happening as I've always=
 been
> in X at the time. :-/
>=20

Is that still happening?  I've got a usoft usb mouse here, and it works
fine for me, pluggin or unplugging - no problems.  There do however
appear to be hub problems - if a hub gets unplugged the usb bus code
loops and doesn't register that it's gone.  I'm using uhci though, are
you, or are you using ohci?

Joe

--6c2NcOVqGQ03X4Wi

--6c2NcOVqGQ03X4Wi--