Date:      Tue, 13 Feb 2007 19:54:49 -0500
From:      Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@msu.edu>
To:        Mark Jacobs <jacobsm@gate.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sysinstall and packages

On Tue, Feb 13, 2007 at 06:54:10PM -0500, Mark Jacobs wrote:

> At work I run 6.2 stable and due to firewall problems I cannot download
> packages or port sources using http.
>
> Sysinstall works but I can't figure out the configuration setting to get
> the latest packages and not those at the 6.2 release level.
>
> I tried setting the configuration release name to any, but sysinstall
> never finds the index file on a ftp server.
>
> Any hints?

Well, I think you should be using CVSUP to update the system.
Is there a reason you can't run that?
In your cvsup control file, you tell it what version to track.

  *default tag=RELENG_6
or
  *default tag=RELENG_6_2

would be your tag.

When you install cvsup, it gives you a sample supfile.
It needs very little change to make it work fine.
You can put your supfile where you want.  I put it in /etc
and name it according to the version - eg  '/etc/sulfile62'
in this case.

Below is my whole supfile
It handles both the OS and the ports tree upgrade.

////jerry

> Mark Jacobs

# $FreeBSD: src/share/examples/cvsup/standard-supfile,v 1.23.4.2.2.1 2006/05/06 07:41:03 scottl Exp $
#
#       cvsup standard-supfile
#
# If not running X, or invoking cvsup from a non-interactive script, then
# run it as follows:
#
#       cvsup -g -L 2 standard-supfile
#
*default host=cvsup.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/var/db
*default prefix=/usr
*default tag=RELENG_6_2
*default release=cvs
*default delete use-rel-suffix

*default compress

## Main Source Tree.
# The easiest way to get the main source tree is to use the "src-all"
# mega-collection.  It includes all of the individual "src-*" collections.
src-all

ports-all tag=.

doc-all tag=.