Date:      Fri, 19 Jan 2001 14:25:30 +0100
From:      Ingo Albert <albi.x@gmx.de>
To:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: General I4B questions

Deine Nachricht vom: Freitag, 19. Januar 2001, 10:08

Hallo Anders,

> Helmuth has on several occasions referred to a FAQ where can I find it?

Have a look at /usr/src/i4b/

> As far as I have understood I4B I am supposed to

> ifconfig isp<n> 0.0.0.0 <remote ip> netmask 0xffffffff link1

> but what if I want to connect to an ISP. I cannot know what host
> and hence, what ip the remote en is going to have.

For that, i4b has the 0.0.0.1 workaround. If you set the remote-ip to
0.0.0.1 i4b change this to the real IP after the connect. Maybe
http://www.de.freebsd.org/de/i4b-t-error.html can help you to configure
your connection, but the text is in german.

Viele Gruesse
 Ingo
--
Q:  Why do ducks have flat feet?