Date:      Fri, 07 Mar 1997 09:55:12 -0500
From:      Brian McGovern <bmcgover@cisco.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Internal vs. External buffers

Ok. Hopefully the last question for this morning. Still using my 460K Cyclom
card. The question is, should I use RAM on the card for the serial buffers,
using the interrupt routine to copy the data from the card to the tty routines,
or set the driver up to use Bus Mastering to write to buffers inside the
kernel dataspace, then use the interrupt handler to shove the data in the
buffers in to the tty routines? Or, is there a better way to be able to move
blocks of data at a time in to the tty routines for processing?

Again, don't want to start any arguements over nitty gritty details. I just
want some pros and cons to each.
	-Brian