Date:      Wed, 10 Jul 2002 16:26:09 -0400
From:      Steve Tremblett <sjt@cisco.com>
To:        Graham Guttocks <graham_guttocks@yahoo.co.nz>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: wait for 5.0-RELEASE?

+---- Graham Guttocks wrote:
| I'm building a new primary office workstation and
| thought I might try -current instead of 4.6-STABLE
| in order to make upgrading to 5.0-RELEASE easier.
|
| Will this make it easier to upgrade to 5.0-RELEASE
| when that happens, or does it not really matter?

Running -current is not a good idea.  It is a development stream not
intended for general usage.  It is not guaranteed to work properly at
any given time, and features are not necessarily complete.

The upgrade path from 4.X to 5.0 will be well planned by the FreeBSD
team, so it would be in your best interests to stick with the stable
stream.

--
Steve Tremblett