Date:      Sun, 02 Dec 2018 19:32:12 +0100
From:      Grzegorz Wiktorowski <oiok@oiok.itl.pl>
To:        Rainer Duffner <rainer@ultra-secure.de>
Cc:        Jules Gilbert via freebsd-pkg <freebsd-pkg@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Zabbix 4 and MySQL 8.0

W dniu 02.12.2018 16:52, Rainer Duffner napisał(a):
>> Am 02.12.2018 um 11:52 schrieb Grzegorz Wiktorowski
>> <oiok@oiok.itl.pl>:
>>
>> First I installed mysql80-server-8.0.11 package. Then I installed
>> zabbix4-server-4.0.1 package. Zabbix package informed that it needed
>> MySql
>> version 5.6 and forced to deinstall MySql version 8.0 and install
>> MySql
>> version 5.6.
>>
>> ASFAIK from Zabbix website MySql version 8 is suitable for Zabbix
>> version
>> 4. I don't dare to say it seems as an oversight in package
>> dependences. Is
>> there any workaround to install&run Zabbix with version 8.0 of MySql?
>>

>> --
>> Grzegorz Wiktorowski
>

> Packages can only be compiled with one database-dependency at a time.
>
> The default-version is still it MySQL 5.6, it seems.
>
> If you want to change that, you will have to build your own packages
> (usually, this implies building all your packages because mixing
> different repositories that offer the same packages doesn’t usually
> work too well).
>

> Alternatively, put MySQL 8.0 Zabbix each in its own jail.

I just scrolled the history of net-mgmt/zabbix?-server/Makefile. There
is the change

"- stop having all databases as dependencies all the time"

introduced in net-mgmt/zabbix3-server/Makefile. The clause "USES+=mysql"
has been replaced by "MYSQL_USES+=mysql".

net-mgmt/zabbix4-server/Makefile duplicates the feature. I guess that's
the cause of not finding & using the current installed version of MySQL.

--
Grzegorz Wiktorowski