Date:      Thu, 23 Mar 2017 21:41:29 +0000
From:      Steven Hartland <killing@multiplay.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to compile ZFS only ?

When building are you building with -jXX where XX is the number of cores
in your machine?

If not then definitely do that on a dual E5 (24 cores) with our cut down
kernel config (excludes devices / modules we never use) a full kernel
build takes under 60 seconds.

An example:
make buildkernel KERNCONF=MULTIPLAY -j24

     Regards
     Steve