Date:      Mon, 17 Feb 2003 17:38:27 -0800 (PST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Bosko Milekic <bmilekic@unixdaemons.com>
Cc:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>, freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mb_alloc cache balancer / garbage collector

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003, Bosko Milekic wrote:
[...]
Bosko, If I have one NIC bound to one CPU (a future capability say,)
and another bound to a second, and there is a stream of packets fron
NIC1 to NIC2 (we are routing) at (say) 30,000 packets per second,
what is the path by which those 30,000 packets make their way from
CPU2's cache of mbufs, back to CPU1 to be used again? (each second).
We'll imagine there are no packets going the other way. (maybe they take
a different route).